F is for Friday is a weekly book blog meme hosted by Lyn at Nomadic Worlds!
F – FEATURE YOUR LATEST BOOK OBSESSION
I recently read Again Again, after waiting for approval on NG for what felt like a century. Though it has some mixed reviews on goodreads, I adored this book. I’d never read anything by E. Lockhart before and it looks like some of their other novels are chick lit, a bit of mystery/thriller. This was a fast, surprising, and raw story about loss, love, and self-discovery. Look for my review of this wonderful book next Tuesday!
In this novel full of surprises from the New York Times bestselling author of We Were Liars and Genuine Fraud, E. Lockhart ups the ante with an inventive and romantic story about human connection, forgiveness, self-discovery, and possibility.
If you could live your life again, what would you do differently?
After a near-fatal family catastrophe and an unexpected romantic upheaval, Adelaide Buchwald finds herself catapulted into a summer of wild possibility, during which she will fall in and out of love a thousand times—while finally confronting the secrets she keeps, her ideas about love, and the weird grandiosity of the human mind.
A raw, funny story that will surprise you over and over, Again Again gives us an indelible heroine grappling with the terrible and wonderful problem of loving other people.
I – INDICATE WHICH BOOK/S YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THIS WEEKEND.
I snagged this great title from NetGalley a few weeks ago and I’m slowly working my way through my list of backlogged titles, trying to get back to that coveted 80%. Though this isn’t the cover on NetGalley, I still really like it! I’ve read the first chapter and I think this will be a solid Star Wars story. Look for my review coming out June 30th!
It’s been a few years since Poe’s mother passed away, and Poe and his father, who was a pilot for the Rebellion, have had more and more trouble connecting. Not sure what he wants to do with his life, teenage Poe runs away from home to find adventure, and to figure out what kind of man he is meant to be.
F – FAVORITE QUOTE OF THE WEEK/DAY
My favorite quotation of the week comes from The Chalice and the Crown by Kassandra Flamouri!
“Something dark, something dangerous has been stalking me from the shadows of sleep and it’s getting closer”
I really loved this book and I think this quotation really captures the essence of the narrative. It’s a dark fantasy set in two worlds, framed by a prima ballerina’s supposed descent into madness. It’s such an interesting concept and I loved it! Check out my review of The Chalice and The Crow by Kassandra Flamouri!
F – FIVE THINGS YOU’RE HAPPY OR GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK.
- Employment – I’m super grateful that both my husband and I are able to work at our day jobs.
- Book Bloggers – I am still fairly new to the book blog scene and there are so many bloggers that have welcomed me to this community! I am grateful for each and every one of you!
- New Releases – In the last two weeks, I’ve reviewed so many books that have book birthday’s next week and there are at least 3 on June 2nd! Book birthdays are so fun to celebrate!
- Book Mail – Getting a lot of book mail recently and I am so thankful for authors willing to send me print copies of their books to review!
- Nonfiction – I love nonfiction and I am so happy to have been able to read some great new releases in nonfiction!
What is your FIFF? Let’s talk about it!